EMERGING GRAPHIC DESIGNERS FOR BOOK MACHINE
BOOK MACHINE, an initiative of onestar press, Paris is coming to Artspace, Sydney for VOLUME 2015 | Another Art Book Fair!
BOOK MACHINE connects emerging graphic designers and public participants through the creation of one-off artist books. This is a unique opportunity to work with an esteemed international press to realise the key public program of the inaugural VOLUME 2015 | Another Art Book Fair, which will bring together over 100 national and international exhibitors over a weekend in September. We are seeking creative and friendly volunteers who enjoy working collaboratively to realise the design and production of artist books. Twenty designers are required for each of the nine, 3.5–hour BOOK MACHINE sessions between Wednesday 9 September and Sunday 13 September, 2015 — you may work at as many or as few sessions as you’d like.
You’ll be paired with a public participant for each session. Participants will arrive prepared with images and text which you’ll help them shape into a book using a pre-designed 100–page book template. Designers will be offered a complimentary copy of each collaborative book — which you’ll receive the day after each session! That means you could add as many as nine books to your personal collection and portfolio.
BOOK MACHINE, Sydney session times:
- Wednesday 9 September, 10.00am – 1.30pm
- Wednesday 9 September, 2.30pm – 6.00pm
- Thursday 10 September, 10.00am – 1.30pm
- Thursday 10 September, 2.30pm – 6.00pm
- Friday 11 September, 10.00am – 1.30pm
- Friday 11 September, 2.30pm – 6.00pm
- Saturday 12 September, 10.00am – 1.30pm
- Saturday 12 September, 2.30pm – 6.00pm
- Sunday 13 September, 10.00am – 1.30pm
– Enrolled in 3rd Year Design degree or higher
– We ask that designers commit to a minimum of three sessions in order to get the most out of the experience, and to ease the administrative requirements for the Designer Coordinator, who is also a volunteer
– Proficiency in Adobe InDesign
– Your own laptop with InDesign 5 or higher
– A love of books and design!
If you’re interested:
If you’d like to work as a designer for BOOK MACHINE, please complete the form below by selecting which sessions you'd be available to assist with. We look forward to working with you!
For enquiries related to BOOK MACHINE, please email us at email@example.com
Apply to be a BOOK MACHINE (Sydney) designer by completing and submitting the form below:
Logo designed by Mika Tajima